Wednesday, April 21, 2010

One Wrong Step....

Calhoun Mr. Money performing at Blueberry Hill, Saturday Night, 4.17. Performace was really live, they debuted his latest single "Priceless" that features local artist, Chingy and YG. As the exclusive photographer of FAM ENT, I was asked to get some epic shots of the show. I think I didn't dissappoint, but the getting the last picture turned out to be one that will stick with me for the next 6 weeks or so.. I'll explain..

As I'm done shooting and cameras packed, I'm walking through saying goodbye to the guys, meeting some of their people and passing out some business cards, you know, doing my business, and on the way out, Jarell says, "Mike, you mind getting a group picture of all of us?" "Sure", I replied, I unpack the camera and proceed to flash up and set the exposure. "We want to shoot it up these steps." Ok, so I'm headed up the steps to where they are all lined up and there was no way go get all of them in focus. "Hey Ya'll, we gotta go back down the steps to the open area, its no way I can get this shot." So we proceed down the steps, I'm second in line, there are seven steps, I started to walk forward at the sixth step and down goes Michael. I end up severely spraining my ankle, ligaments and rupturing a small bone in my foot. As my leg and foot shook with excrushiating pain, I did manage to get the shot. Even at my most painful moment, I still am a photographer, hopefully they'll appreciate that. Something tells me they do.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers